I’ve been going through the fairly labour-intensive process of updating my RedBubble portfolio to accommodate their newer ranges of products. When I first joined, it was just art prints and t-shirts. I love their new product ranges, though I have to actively edit each of my artworks to suit the various new products. In many cases I’m really happy with the results. New products like spiral-bound notebooks and scarves have given my drawings a new lease of life.
Technically my art is “just” a hobby. It by no means produces a liveable income – as helpful as that would be (Australia’s complex tax laws aside!). My day job is a stay-at-home-parent, but I am looking to take on my visual arts and writing as more serious pursuits. In particular, my writing is something that I want to develop to a much higher standard. It’s a good way to keep the brain going before the kids are self-sufficiently old enough for me to head back to university. But I am profoundly grateful that so many people seem to enjoy my art, and do so enough to buy items from my RedBubble portfolio. It’s very encouraging and it keeps me motivated to continually work on improving my illustration and painting skills.
Here is a list of some of my newly-updated artworks*:
- “Snowstorm Beardstorm” – a Viking-themed ink illustration from 2013. (Shown in the above screenshot.)
- “City Skyline” – a sepia-toned ink illustration of skyscrapers and cloudy skies. 2015.
- “Narwhalicornceros” – an imagined creature I drew in sepia ink. 2015.
- “Messenger” – a dark angelic figure brings a message. Acrylic on canvas sheet. 2013.
- “Jesus Heart” – inspired by sacred heart of Jesus imagery. Acrylic on canvas sheet. 2013.
- “Wine Cask(et)” – a macabre illustration involving murderous wine bottles. Ink on paper. 2013.
- “Yellow Robin” – photograph taken in South Gippsland, Australia. 2012.
- “Unicorn” – a purple-toned ink illustration of a Unicorn. Specifically designed by request for a friend who wanted a new phone case. 2012.
- “Crimson Rosella, Silvan Reservoir” – photograph taken in Silvan Reservoir, Australia. 2012.
- “Kookaburra, Silvan Reservoir” – photograph taken in Silvan Reservoir, Australia. 2012.
- “Renaissance Cat Rides a Unicorn” – ink on paper. 2011.
- “Womanly Tentacle Monster” – I can’t describe this one. It’s just one of those weird things that pops out of my imagination. Ink on paper. 2011.
- “Blue-Eyed Purple Unicorn” – pencil on paper.
- “Pink Pegasus Woodcut Style” – a phone case that I designed for myself. 2012.
- “Angus heifers in the South Gippsland hills” – photograph from 2012.
- “Tentacle Monster and Woolly Quadruped” – fantasy creatures inspired by, of all things, the water running down the shower screen and the abstract forms of the rivulets of water. Yeah, the shower is my meditative thinking space. Ink on paper. 2011.
*Far distant future readers may find that some of these links are no longer active. To see currently available products, please go to flokot.redbubble.com!
**I’ve noticed that RedBubble currently has customer reviews listed against each work. Please note, these reviews are in response to RedBubble.Com’s product range in general and do not necessarily refer to the satisfaction levels of my own works’ customers.