Hello, dear readers!
I have noticed a recent influx of new readers to this blog Streams & Desolations. I am very grateful to each one of you who has hit the WordPress “Follow” button or signed up for email updates. I do try to jump across and look at your own websites when time constraints allow.
I’d be interested in getting to know a bit more about who is reading my blog. If you wish, feel free to leave a comment below! (Please keep all comments friendly. Generally I keep comments closed because, well, trolls.)
- Where are you from?
- If you’re comfortable sharing it, I’d love to know a little about your heritage – I find different cultures, history and geneaolgy fascinating and love learning more about different people. (However, I loathe racism and will delete any hint of it from the comments section.)
- What is the URL of your main website? What is is about? (In one or two sentences!)
- What was it about my blog that intrigued or interested you enough to follow it, or at least read it? (For a number of you I suspect the answer is “blatant nepotism” and / or pre-existing friendship – and thank you!)
- How would you label your current spiritual perspective or philosophical worldview? (Any negative or nasty comments in response to other people’s beliefs will be deleted – there’s room for everyone here.)
And fair’s fair – I ought not ask questions I wouldn’t be willing to answer myself – so here’s my response:
- I’m from a coastal rural region called Gippsland in the state of Victoria, Australia. Currently based in Melbourne, Australia.
- My nationality is Australian and my heritage is English-Scottish-Irish-Welsh-French-with a dash of Norwegian, but my extended family is a lot more diverse than that, and includes other Europeans, Asians and Indigenous Aussies. I’m married to an Aussie-raised guy who’s got English-Ukrainian heritage.
- My other website is over at the online art portfolio RedBubble.Com. It’s where I peddle t-shirts with my drawings printed on them.
- Why am I following this blog? It helps me stay up to date with what I’m doing when I remember that there are interesting social media websites for which I have accounts and that I do in fact exist outside of Facebook. I guess there’s an element of self-absorption there but hey, technically I’m Gen Y. Sorry, not sorry.
- Simplest label I can think of is Christian Mysticism, with one foot in the Pentecostal church I married into, and one foot in the Catholic church I was raised in. (And people on either side of that would tell me they’re mutually exclusive but, meh, I’m inclined to disagree.)
I look forward to hearing from my readers.
(Please, please, please keep the answers civil!)
*Comments will eventually be closed on this post, so respond while you can! After that, feel free to say “hello” on the Guestbook.